UFC FIGHT 246 SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW AND SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
1. ELIGIBILITY: THESE ARE THE OFFICIAL RULES OF THE UFC FIGHT 246 SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”). SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE (1) OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON THE DATE OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Individuals may enter this Sweepstakes only as a natural person. Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor's distributors, wholesalers and retailers, each of their respective affiliates, agents, officers, employees, subsidiaries, vendors, advertising and promotion fulfillment and/or judging agencies, and the family members of each (collectively, the "Related Entities"), are not eligible to enter or win a prize in the Sweepstakes. For purposes of this paragraph, "family member" means a spouse, parent, sibling, child, son-in-law, daughter-in-law and all lineal descendants, including those by adoption. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
WARRANTY: By entering this Sweepstakes, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are 18 years of age or older at the time of Entry; (b) your entry does not violate any law or regulation; and (c) the entry does not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants (as defined below) unconditionally agree to be bound by and have followed the Official Rules, available at https://ignitesma.box.com/s/db15bzqdg26uj1qg67ngfy9wfneqi57v, these Terms and Conditions, and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Being selected as a Winner and winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 1:00:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on January 10, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on January 19, 2020 (hereinafter, "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sponsor’s computer system shall be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period there are two (2) ways to enter: 1) Facebook/Instagram Post: An entrant must log on to his or her Facebook or Instagram account (or create an account if he or she does not already have one), visit LINK or LINK and complete the entry form in its entirety by providing all required information and submit in accordance with the on-screen directions (“Entry and collectively, “Entries”) to receive one
(1) Entry into the Sweepstakes.
Or; 2) Website: An entrant must go to https://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-246-sweepstakes and complete the entry form in its entirety by providing all required information and submit in accordance with the on-screen directions to receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes.
Entry Limit: Limit of one (1) entry per person using only one (1) social media channel or email address throughout the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. You may only use one (1) social media channel account or email address to enter the Sweepstakes. Any entries received from any person or social media account in excess of the limitation stated above will be void.
All Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. No other forms of entry are valid. Entrants shall be solely responsible for all Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrant’s online service in connection with the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant understands that he or she is providing his or her information to Sponsor and not Facebook or Instagram. Further, entrant specifically agrees to release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability associated with this Sweepstakes.
4. SELECTION OF PRIZE WINNERS/RANDOM DRAWINGS: Random drawings will be conducted by Administrators on or about January 21, 2020 and their decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. WINNING PRIZE NOTIFICATIONS/RELEASES: Potential winner will be notified via a social media comment or via the email address submitted at the time of Entry on or about January 22, 2020 depending on the mechanism used to enter the Sweepstakes. If winner fails to reply to the winner notification within the time stated in the notification, winner will forfeit his/her right to the prize, and an alternate may be selected.
6. PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARV"): ONE (1) PRIZE of a UFC Prize Pack consisting of the following items: one (1) UFC 246 McGregor vs. Cerrone Event T-Shirt, one (1) Black UFC hat, one (1) UFC Conor McGregor Fan Gear Painting Graphic Crew T-Shirt, one (1) UFC 246 Team Donald Cerrone Camp Flat Brim Snapback Navy Hat, and one (1) UFC branded water bottle (ARV: $115.00). Styles are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for an item of equal or greater value if unavailable. The value of the prize set forth above represents Sponsor's good faith determination of the approximate retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. The difference in value of the prize as stated herein and the value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Prize winner will be solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prizes, as well as any and all expenses that may be associated with the acceptance and use of prizes. No substitution, assignment, redemption for cash (unless stated herein), or transfer of any prize is permitted except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If an advertised prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond Sponsor's reasonable control, a substitute prize of equal or greater value may be awarded in Sponsor's sole discretion. If a prize winner (i) is disqualified, (ii) did not provide his/her complete name and mailing address including zip code and telephone number or the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, (iii) is ineligible, or (iv) declines his/her prize, that prize winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. If, upon attempting to award any prize to up to four (4) alternate potential prize winners, Sponsor is still unable to award the prize, that prize will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to entrants by others than Sponsor, or for any change of entrant's email, telephone number or mailing address. Approximately 4 to 6 weeks after winner has been confirmed, an agent of Sponsor will send the verified winner his or her prize to the address the respective winner provided when responding to the winner notification email.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry submission process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated early, Sponsor reserves the right to select the prize winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received at the time of termination and award the prizes at its sole discretion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or Entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a prize winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of Entry submission. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential prize winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the Authorized Account Holder of the email account associated with the Entry.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan. Entrants agree that the statute of limitations for asserting any claims shall be a period of one (1) year from the time the cause of action accrued, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, each entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his or her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for Sweepstakes, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including live television, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
11. GENERAL: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, at any time, to reject or disqualify any Entry that is deemed ineligible or for any reason that Sponsor believes is necessary and/or appropriate, including without limitation, if that entrant has not complied with the Official Rules or has interfered, in Sponsor's sole opinion, with the proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. By participating, each entrant agrees on his/her behalf, and on behalf of his/her respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Releasing Parties") to release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor, the Related Entities, and any advertising and promotional agencies or entities involved in the administration or advertising of this Sweepstakes as well as the respective employees, officers, directors, members, shareholders, partners and agents of each (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all actions, causes of actions, suits, or liability whatsoever for loss, harm, damage, injury, lost profits, indirect or direct damages, consequential damages, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, judgments, costs or expense whatsoever (including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death) which may occur in connection with (i) participation in the Sweepstakes, (ii) entrant's conduct in creating his/her Entry, (iii) violation of these Official Rules, (iv) possession, acceptance, use or misuse of a prize or (v) Released Parties' use of any rights granted herein, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or alleged breach of entrant's representations and warranties herein. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (1) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, (2) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (3) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of an Entry or other materials; (4) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the participation in the Sweepstakes; (5) any printing, typographical, administrative or technical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; or (6) any unauthorized use of entries by third parties. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in the event of a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may disqualify any entrant if, in its sole discretion, it determines s/he is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor, Administrators or their respective representatives. If Sponsor at any time receives a complaint (including but not limited to a cease and desist letter, general letter of complaint, etc.) alleging intellectual property infringement of the Entry, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entry. Sponsor shall not be responsible if the Sweepstakes or prize fulfillment cannot be implemented or does not take place for any reason including delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, strikes, governmental action, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism, including without limitation, or for any reason outside of Sponsor's control. By participating, entrants acknowledge that Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas without any restriction whatsoever, or further obligation to entrant.
12. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of the prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received on or before February 28, 2020 to: UFC Fight 246 Sweepstakes, 280 Daines Street, Suite 200, Birmingham, MI 48009.
SPONSOR: Zuffa, LLC, P.O. Box 26595, Las Vegas, NV 89126.
ADMINISTRATORS: Ignite Social Media, 280 Daines Street, Suite 200, Birmingham, MI 48009.