Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
Wins by Decision
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Team Gaethje on TUF 26
- Pro since 2015
- Two wins by KO
- Lost five-round decision to Avila in January 2017
- Second UFC bantamweight fight (0-1)
- One first round finish
- Defeated TUF 26 castmate Shana Dobson in 2016
- Had 5-0 amateur record (3 subs, 2 KOs)
UFC Fight Night (7/13/19) Montano lost a three round unanimous decision to Julianna Pena
TUF 26 Finale (12/1/17) Montano won a five round unanimous decision over Roxanne Modafferi to win the UFC women’s flyweight title; was later stripped of title
On episode 11 (semifinals), Montano won a three round unanimous decision over Barb Honchak
On episode 10 (quarterfinals), Montano won a two round unanimous decision over Montana De La Rosa
On episode four, Montano won a two round unanimous decision over Lauren Murphy
When and why did you start training for fighting? 2013. My boyfriend was fighting at the time and I was training BJJ and said “Why not?”
What ranks and titles have you held? UFC women’s flyweight champion, TUF 26 winner, Purple belt in BJJ
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Everything I’ve worked towards is actually happening.
What was your job before you started fighting? Yoga instructor
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? All fights were first-round finishes. Won the F2W belt