|From:||Henning, MN USA|
|Fights Out Of:||White Bear Lake, Minnesota USA|
|Height:||5' 9" ( 175 cm )|
|Weight:||155 lb ( 70 kg )|
|College:||University of Minnesota|
UFC® 156 Aldo vs Edgar live at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, NV on Saturday, February 2, 2013Feb 02, 2013
Feb 01, 2013
Martin Kampmann uses nasty ground and pound to set up a guillotine choke against Jacob Volkmann at UFC 108.Oct 19, 2012
UFC on FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot Event Photo Gallery at Target Center on October 5, 2012 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.Oct 05, 2012
When and why did you start training for fighting? Started seven years ago. It feels good to hit people and submit them.
What ranks and titles have you held? Three-time Div. 1 All-American, Big Ten wrestling champion, four-time All Big Ten team. World grappling champion.
Do you have any heroes? My brother
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? What a relief. I get to fight with the best.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Two BS' at University of Minnesota, Doctor of Chiropractic at Northwestern Health Sciences University.
What was your job before you started fighting? Student
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Victory Fighting champion at 170.
• Seven wins by submission, two via submission due to strikes
• Has won six of his last eight
• Submitted WEC veteran Kevin Knabjian in May of 2009
• Won 80kg no-gi world grappling championship in 2008
• 2008 USA Grappling national champion (defeated Dennis Hallman)
• Got nickname from teammates who said he resembled Lloyd Christmas, a Jim Carrey character in the film ‘Dumb and Dumber.’
• Practicing chiropractor