Updates To UFC FIGHT NIGHT: OVEREEM vs. VOLKOV
- Featherweight Aksar Askar has not been medically cleared to compete and subsequently his bout against Cody Stamann has been canceled from tonight’s event. He was replacing Andre Ewell, who was removed from his bout with Cody Stamann, due to COVID-19 protocols.
- A featherweight bout between Dana White Contender Series veterans Ode’ Osbourne and Jerome Rivera has been added to the card.
- Due to an injury, Alex da Silva has been removed from his lightweight bout with Devonte Smith. Replacing him will be Justin Jaynes, who looks to replicate his performance-of-the-night UFC debut where he defeated Frank Camacho via first round KO. This bout will now take place at a catchweight of 160 lbs.
- Due to COVID-19 protocols: Julio Arce has been removed from his bantamweight bout with Timur Valiev. Replacing him will be Martin Day, who aims to make a statement and secure his first UFC victory. This bout will now take place at featherweight.
- Due to COVID-19 protocols, the women’s bantamweight bout between No. 9 ranked Marion Reneau and No. 11 Macy Chiasson is being moved from this weekend’s card to UFC FIGHT NIGHT: ROZENSTRUIK vs. GANE on February 27.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT: OVEREEM vs. VOLKOV will take place Saturday, February 6 from UFC APEX in Las Vegas. The main card will be available on ESPN+ in English and Spanish, starting at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT. The prelims will kick off on ESPN+ starting at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT.