NeuLion unveils All-Access UFC Mobile App for Android Platform
Multi-Device Offering Is Key Towards Continued UFC Growth
The Ultimate Fighting Championship(R) (UFC(R)) and NeuLion, Inc. (TSX: NLN), the true end-to-end technology service provider for delivering live and on-demand content to any Internet-enabled device, today announced the debut of UFC mobile app app for Android. Fans of the UFC can stream live Pay-Per-View events vía UFC.TV, Roku and now Android.
This announcement deepens the UFC’s partnership with NeuLion and extends the reach of the organization to the mobile marketplace and will enable the UFC to capitalize on the continued growth of the Android platform. Android commanded 44 percent of mobile app downloads in 2010, according to a study released by ABI Research and Nielsen in September. In addition, twice as many consumers in the U.S. purchased Android smartphones compared to Apple’s iPhone in 2011*.
“We’re always trying to stay ahead of the curve with technology and the UFC TV Android app is just another example of that,” UFC President Dana White said. “With our new UFC TV Android app, fans can keep track of their favorite fighters and watch UFC Pay-Per-Views live. We’re leveraging NeuLion’s streaming capabilities for live sports events and continuing to give our fans unique access to the UFC.”
Developed by NeuLion, the UFC TV Android app features:
• Live streaming of Pay-Per-View events, weigh-ins and press conferences
• Multiple live video and audio feeds during the broadcast: English, Spanish, Red Corner and Blue Corner
• Ability to score the fight in real-time and get an aggregate of every vote
• UFC fighter index sortable by weight class. Each fighter’s profile has key stats – wins/losses, height, weight, etc.
• Access to the UFC Fight Library of video
• Free videos including: event countdown shows, fighter interviews, press conferences, event previews, fighter workouts and other UFC free video content
• TV schedule
• Video highlights and VOD events
• Constantly updated news section featuring articles about the latest UFC fighters, events, interviews and profiles of fighters
“Major sports brands and sports leagues understand that delivering mobile access for their content is key towards continued growth,” said Marc Sokol, Executive Vice President at NeuLion. “The new UFC TV Android app showcases how a dynamic sports brand can utilize mobile to further their relationship with their fans.”
Visit the Android Market to download the UFC app for your Android device today.
*For the three months leading up to the study.