FIGHT NIGHT DELIVERS FUEL TV’S MOST-WATCHED DAY
UFC On FUEL TV: Gustafsson vs. Silva Also Provides Record Audience in Target Demo
UFC on FUEL TV: Gustafsson vs. Silva, the second UFC® Fight Night on FUEL TV (www.fuel.tv), delivered the network its most-watched day in history and most-watched program among the target demo of M18-49, according to figures released by Nielsen Media Research. The action-packed three-hour program, which featured six live bouts, was the second of FUEL TV’s six exclusive UFC events in 2012. The live telecast aired Saturday afternoon, April 14, with an encore presentation later that evening.
FUEL TV audience highlights, Saturday, April 14:
• UFC Fight Night on FUEL TV had 326,000 Total Viewers and 203,000 M18–49 Viewers combined over the two airings of the fight;
• Most-watched day in network history (on both Total Viewers and M18-49) with an average of 71,000 Total Viewers and 44,000 M18-49, +1320% and +2100%, respectively, vs. April 2011;
• UFC Fight Night was the second most-watched program in network history, live telecast, with 197,000 Total Viewers (compared to 217,000 Total Viewers for UFC Fight Night on February 15) and the most-watched telecast in network history among the target demo of M18-49 with 142,000;
• Compared to the first UFC Fight Night on February 15, the April 14 UFC Fight Night on FUEL TV was up +9% on M18-49;
• UFC Fight Night on FUEL TV peaked at 298,000 Total Viewers (5:30 PM ET – 5:45 PM ET).
"After our spring break, we’re excited to welcome back the UFC with new live fights on FUEL TV,” says George Greenberg, Executive Vice President and General Manager, FUEL TV. "Our second live Fight Night delivered numbers right in line with our first. We’re enthusiastic for the upcoming schedule through the spring, summer and fall, and we know audiences will keep coming to FUEL TV for live UFC action, as well as key shoulder programming.”
FUEL TV’s next live UFC telecast is the Weigh-in Show for UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans from Atlanta this Friday, April 20 at 4:00 PM ET. FUEL TV’s next live Fight Night is Tuesday, May 15 from the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Virginia for UFC on FUEL TV: The Korean Zombie vs. Dustin Poirier.
In 2012, FUEL TV telecasts more than 2,000 hours of UFC programming, with more than 100 hours of live fights, weigh-ins, preliminary bouts, and pre- and postfight shows. In the New Year, FUEL TV offers more UFC programming than any network has ever offered.
For a complete listing of FUEL TV shows, go to: http://www.fuel.tv/schedule/. For more information, go to www.fuel.tv, www.fuel.tv/ufc, on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/fueltv, and on Twitter at: @fueltv, #UFConFUELTV