FUEL TV IS TOP GROWING CABLE NET IN 2012
UFC® Delivers Record Viewership in March and First Quarter
FUEL TV, FOX Sports Media Group’s dynamic sports network for males, is television’s fastest-growing cable network this year, according to figures released by Nielsen Media Research. In both the Total Day and Prime Time, the network recorded the largest percentage increases of total viewers among all rated, ad-supported cable networks in the first quarter of 2012.
FUEL TV continued its unprecedented ratings increases in March, following the growth trend that began in January when Ultimate Fighting Championship® programming began to dominate key day-parts. February was the network’s most-watched month ever, featuring its first live UFC fight, which delivered the channel its most-watched program, most-watched Prime Time and most-watched week.
FUEL TV aired 233 hours of UFC programming in February and added another 213 hours in March. FUEL TV telecast 646 hours of UFC programming in the first three months of 2012.
FUEL TV March 2012 Audience Highlights:
• March 2012 was up +100% in Total Viewers and +167% in M18-49 vs. March 2011;
• Prime Time viewership grew +209% on Total Viewers and +325% among M18-49 vs. March 2011;
• Late Night is up +170% on Total Viewers and +600% among M18-49 vs. March 2011.
FUEL TV First Quarter 2012 Audience Highlights:
• Q1 2012 was FUEL TV’s most-watched in network history, finishing up +100% in Total Viewers and up +125% in M18-49 vs. Q1 2011;
• Q1 Prime Time viewership increased +200% in Total Viewers and +260% among M18-49 vs. the same quarter last year;
• Q1 Late Night increased +222% on Total Viewers and +275% among M18-49 compared to Q1 in 2011.
"It is unbelievable how much impact the UFC has had on this network and its ratings,” says George Greenberg, Executive Vice President and General Manager, FUEL TV. "We’re thrilled to have the UFC as a partner driving this growth. With more upcoming live fights in April, May and through the year, we expect this trend to continue.”
FUEL TV’s next Fight Week begins April 8 and culminates with network’s next live fight on Saturday, April 14 with UFC on FUEL TV: Gustafsson vs. Silva.
In 2012, FUEL TV telecasts more than 2,000 hours of UFC programming, with more than 100 hours of live fights, weigh-ins, preliminary bouts, and pre- and postfight shows. In this year, FUEL TV offers more UFC programming than any network has ever offered.
For a complete listing of FUEL TV shows, go to: http://www.fuel.tv/schedule/. For more information, go to www.fuel.tv, www.fuel.tv/ufc, on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/fueltv, and on Twitter at: @fueltv, #UFConFUELTV
To find FUEL TV on your television, go to www.fuel.tv/getfueltv, or call 877-4 FUEL-TV.