Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Decision
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2017
- Five wins by KO
- Four first round finishes
- On three-fight losing streak
- Origin of nickname: “When people watched The Avengers, they told me I reminded them of Thanos, the Mad Titan.”
UFC Fight Night (4/10/21) De Castro was knocked out by Jarjis Danho at 3:02 of the first round
UFC on ESPN (10/4/20) De Castro lost a three round unanimous decision to Carlos Felipe
UFC 249 (5/9/20) De Castro lost a three round unanimous decision to Greg Hardy
UFC 243 (10/5/19) De Castro knocked out Justin Tafa at 2:10 of the first round
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 3
Episode 1 (6/18/19) De Castro stopped Alton Meeks via strikes at 4:45 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started in 2008 in Portugal to get in shape, and after six months I was getting my first amateur fight.
What ranks and titles have you held? NEF champion, 3rd ranked New England pro heavyweight, 2nd ranked New England pro light heavyweight
Do you have any heroes? My mother, who was single and took care of three kids, teaching us about respect, love and to never give up on our dreams.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Fighting in the UFC means everything to me; it’s a dream come true.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? No. I just finished high school. I couldn’t afford college.
What was your job before you started fighting? I used to be driver at Jordan’s Furniture and now I am working as security at Fall River Public School
Favorite grappling technique: Kimura
Favorite striking technique: Low kick