Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2010
- Started career 3-4. 11-4 since
- Eight first round finishes
- Four wins by KO, nine by submission
- Has won five of his last seven
- Pereira fight was at welterweight
- Origin of nickname - “It was coined after I walked out to the theme to the movie Boondock Saints in my early fights. It was my favorite movie as a teen. The promoter loved it and called me Boondock and it stuck.”
UFC on ESPN (4/30/22) Connelly lost a three round unanimous decision to Darren Elkins
UFC 261 (4/24/21) Connelly lost a three round unanimous decision to Pat Sabatini
UFC Fight Night (9/14/19) Connelly won a three round unanimous decision over Michel Pereira
When and why did you start training for fighting? At 19
What ranks and titles have you held? Black belt BJJ, former Unified MMA Champion, former Cagesport LW Champion (defended), former RiseFC LW Champion
Do you have any heroes? I don’t really have one. I don’t put people on pedestals, but I do admire everyone who’s made the sport I love into something special.
What was your job before you started fighting? Bartender/bouncer
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? I never had a single amateur fight. I arrogantly went pro right away and had a few speed bumps along the way in the pros because of that, but it’s why I am where I am today.
Favorite grappling technique: Chokes
Favorite Striking technique: Punching people in the face