Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2017
- Has won six of his last eight
- 6-3 since DWCS appearance
- Five wins by KO, eight by submission (6 RNC, armbar, heel hook)
- 12 first round finishes
- First loss to Tyron Henderson in July 2018 due to a leg injury
- Lost 2019 bout to UFC vet Darrick Minner
- Six wins in under a minute, with four knockouts coming in 17 seconds or less. Shortest win: seven seconds (twice)
UFC 283 (1/21/23) McKinney was knocked out by Ismael Bonfim at 2:17 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (8/6/22) McKinney submitted Erick Gonzalez via rear naked choke at 2:17 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (3/12/22) McKinney was stopped by Drew Dober via strikes at 3:17 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (2/26/22) McKinney submitted Fares Ziam via rear naked choke at 2:11 of the first round
UFC 263 (6/12/21) McKinney knocked out Matt Frevola at :07 of the first round
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 3
Episode five (7/23/19) McKinney was knocked out by Sean Woodson at 1:49 of the second round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started fighting in 2016. I always wanted to fight after Michael Chiesa won The Ultimate Fighter, and he inspired me to do so as well.
Do you have any heroes? My hero is my mom, Kitara Johnson
What would it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It would mean the world to fight for the UFC and give my family a new life.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I went to college for 3.5 years, no degree. I wrestled at Notre Dame College
What was your job before you started fighting? I worked construction before I started fighting
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Purple belt in jiu-jitsu
Favorite grappling technique: Triangle choke
Favorite Striking technique: Flying knee