Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2020
- Eight wins by KO, three by submission (3 RNC)
- Eight first-round finishes
- Last pre-DWCS win was first-round TKO of UFC vet Darko Stosic
- Reported 9-2 amateur record
UFC 296 (12/16/23) Gaziev stopped Martin Buday via strikes at :56 of the first round
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 7
Episode seven (9/19/23) Gaziev submitted Greg Velasco via rear naked choke at 2:38 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I was on the Dagestan national volleyball team. One day after a game, I met legendary coach Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov. He invited me to his MMA class, and since that day I’m in MMA.
Do you have any heroes? My father is my hero
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Since I started martial arts, I had one goal: to become the best heavyweight in the world and UFC is the best place to prove that.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Faculty of Computer Science and Management
What was your job before you started fighting? I was volleyball player on the national team
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? I am IMMAF European, African, Asian heavyweight champion and world bronze medalist
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Fight Nights Super Heavyweight Grand Prix MMA champion
Favorite grappling technique: Guillotine
Favorite Striking technique: Uppercut