Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
Wins by Decision
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
Diaz vs LawlerRound3Time0:44MethodKO/TKO
Silva vs DiazRound5Time00:05:00MethodDecision - Unanimous
St-Pierre vs DiazRound5Time00:05:00MethodDecision - Unanimous
- Loss to Condit snapped 11 fight winning streak
- 11-1 with 1 NC after last UFC stint in 2006 up until Penn fight, finishing nine of his 11 wins
- Avenged only loss (via cuts) from that period, decisioning KJ Noons in 2010
- Competed in 2007 PRIDE bout with Takanori Gomi (no contest)
- Defeated Muhsin Corbbrey, Thomas Denny, Frank Shamrock, Scott Smith, Mach Sakurai, Cyborg Santos, and Paul Daley
- Pro since 2001
- Brother Nate is a UFC veteran
- 13 wins by KO, 8 by submission (4 armbar, 2 kimura, RNC, triangle choke)
UFC 266 (9/25/21) Diaz was stopped by Robbie Lawler at 0:44 of the third round
UFC 183 (1/31/15) Diaz’ five round unanimous decision loss to Anderson Silva was overturned to a no contest after both fighters failed post-fight drug tests
UFC 158 (3/16/13) Diaz lost a five round unanimous decision to Georges St-Pierre in a UFC welterweight title fight
UFC 143 (2/4/12) Diaz lost a five round unanimous decision to Carlos Condit in an interim UFC welterweight title fight
UFC 137 (10/29/11) Diaz won a three round unanimous decision over BJ Penn
UFC 65 (11/18/06) Diaz scored a second round TKO over Gleison Tibau
UFC 62 (8/26/06) Diaz scored one of the most impressive wins of his career as he submitted Josh Neer with a Kimura at 1:42 of the third round.
UFC 59 (4/15/06) Diaz lost a hard fought three round unanimous decision to Sean Sherk.
UFC 57 (2/04/06) Nick lost a unanimous decision to Joe Riggs after three rounds.
Ultimate Fighter 2 Finale (11/05/05) Nick lost a unanimous decision to Diego Sanchez in a great fight that featured amazing ground technique.
UFC 53 (6/04/05) Nick defeated Pancrase fighter Koji Oishi by KO in 1:24 of the first round.
UFC 51 (2/5/05): Diaz defeated Drew Fickett by TKO in 4:40 of the 1st round at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
UFC 49 (8/21/04): Diaz lost a welterweight bout via split decision after three rounds against Karo Parisyan at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
UFC 47 (4/2/04): Diaz defeated Robbie Lawler by knockout at 1:31 of the second round at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
UFC 44 (9/26/03): Diaz made his UFC debut against Jeremy Jackson, an opponent be previously had fought on two other occasions. They split those fights, but Diaz won the rubber match with an arm bar in 2:04 in the third round.
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training because I was having problems with some people who were bigger physically than I was. When I saw the UFC, I was impressed and wanted to some day be able to perform like those fighters.
What ranks and titles have you held? Black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu under Cesar Gracie. WEC welterweight champ/ IFC welterweight champ / Strikeforce welterweight champion
Do you have any heroes? Royce Gracie.
What is your favorite technique? Triangle choke.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It is a dream fulfilled.
What was your job before you started fighting? I was a student.