Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
Wins by Decision
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2016
- Team Miocic on TUF 27
- Five wins by KO, two by submission (Ankle lock, triangle armbar)
- Has won five of his last six
- Five first round finishes
- Had 4-0 amateur record
- Origin of nickname: “My dad gave it to me in middle school because my martial arts were becoming multi-dimensional.”
UFC 271 (2/12/22) Phillips submitted Marcelo Rojo via triangle armbar at 1:48 of the third round
UFC Fight Night (7/24/21) Phillips lost a three round majority decision to Raulian Paiva
UFC 259 (3/6/21) Phillips won a three round unanimous decision over Song Yadong
UFC on ESPN (10/3/20) Phillips stopped Cameron Else via strikes at :44 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (2/29/20) Phillips won a three-round unanimous decision over Gabriel Silva
The Ultimate Fighter, Season 27
On episode two, Phillips lost a two-round majority decision to Brad Katona
Dana White's Contender Series
Week 4 (8/1/17) Phillips stopped James Gray Jr. via strikes at :46 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? My father started me at the Gracie Academy at three, I fell in love with the arts around 12.
What ranks and titles have you held? 2012 IBJJF world champion, 2013 CIF wrestling champion.
Do you have any heroes? Mom and Dad
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means fulfilling my purpose and starting a new chapter of war.
What was your job before you started fighting? Helping mom out, teaching jiu-jitsu, high school
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Carlson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu brown belt, Nikidokai red / black belt.
Favorite grappling technique: Matrix armbar