Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
Wins by Decision
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2010
- Nine wins by KO, two by submission (armbar, arm triangle)
- Won nine of his last 13; on four-fight losing streak
- Owns 2017 win over UFC vet Damon Jackson and 2018 win over TUF vet Thanh Le
- Lone pre-UFC loss in 2013 was to UFC / WEC vet Leonard Garcia
- Origin of nickname: “When I step into the cage, my demeanor completely changes and the AOD takes over.”
UFC 262 (5/15/21) Aguilar lost a three round unanimous decision to Tucker Lutz
UFC on ESPN (6/13/20) Aguilar lost a three round split decision to Charles Rosa
UFC Fight Night (2/23/20) Aguilar was stopped by Zubaira Tukhugov via strikes at 3:21 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (6/22/19) Aguilar lost a three round unanimous decision to Dan Ige
UFC on ESPN (3/30/19) Aguilar won a three round unanimous decision over Enrique Barzola
TUF 28 Finale (11/30/18) Aguilar won a three round unanimous decision over Rick Glenn
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 2
Week four (7/10/18) Aguilar won a three round split decision over Joey Gomez
When and why did you start training for fighting? In 2008. After high school and starting college, I started training when I needed to find a way to compete after not playing football. I had always been passionate about martial arts, so when me and my best friend found Longview MMA / Team 515, we started training and fighting and never looked back.
What titles have you held? LFC Featherweight Champion and 3x LFA Featherweight Champion, XFN Featherweight Champion
Do you have any heroes? My mother was a huge inspiration and her love of Karate drove me to MMA
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Another step toward realizing my goal of winning a championship at every level of the game
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? No degree. I left college to pursue mixed martial arts and realize the dream of competing and winning at the highest level achievable.
What was your job before you started fighting? I worked at a movie theater, sweeping popcorn and sneaking in and watching the movies.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Ring Rulers Featherweight Grand Prix Champion, Team 316 Featherweight Champion, TACFMMA Featherweight Champion, Ascend Combat Featherweight Champion
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Longest reigning Legacy Fighting Alliance Champion, the last Legacy Fighting Championship Featherweight Champion, inaugural Legacy Fighting Alliance Champion
If any, list ranks in any martial arts styles: BJJ Purple Belt
Favorite grappling technique: Rear Naked Choke
Favorite Striking technique: Jab followed by a right hand followed by a hammer fist