Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
Sholinian vs MunozRound3Time5:00MethodDecision - Unanimous
Munoz vs GravelyRound1Time1:08MethodKO/TKO
Munoz vs SimmonsRound2Time2:35MethodSubmission
- Pro since 2015
- Two wins by KO, seven by submission (4 RNC, heel hook, 2 armbar)
- Six first round finishes
- Origin of nickname: “It was my father’s nickname as a kid and was passed down to me.”
UFC Fight Night (11/5/22) Muñoz won a three round unanimous decision over Liudvik Sholinian
UFC Fight Night (6/4/22) Muñoz was knocked out by Tony Gravely at 1:08 of the first round
UFC 265 (8/7/21) Muñoz submitted Jamey Simmons via rear naked choke at 2:35 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (8/1/20) Muñoz lost a three round unanimous decision to Nate Maness
When and why did you start training for fighting? I was five years old when I started training. It was non-negotiable; I had to train at least two times a week. I knew I wanted to fight when I saw Rampage Jackson slam people. I told myself “I want to do that.”
What ranks and titles have you held? Currently holding the King of the Cage Bantamweight Championship and multiple-time IBJJF world champion
Do you have any heroes? My family
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It’s the Mecca. I have been working my whole life for this moment. Let’s do this!
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I have a bachelor’s and master’s degree in public health from Cal State San Bernardino.
What was your job before you started fighting? I was born into fighting.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: BJJ black belt
Favorite grappling technique: Head lock
Favorite Striking technique: Right hand