Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2016
- Five wins by KO, six by submission (2 RNC, Brabo choke, 2 guillotine, heel hook)
- Eight first-round finishes
- Origin of nickname: “It’s the national animal of Afghanistan. It is known for being elusive and that’s the way I like to fight.”
UFC Fight Night (1/14/23) Basharat won a three round unanimous decision over Mateus Mendonça
UFC Fight Night (9/17/22) Basharat won a three round unanimous decision over Tony Gravely
UFC Fight Night (3/12/22) Basharat won a three round unanimous decision over Trevin Jones
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 5
Episode nine (10/26/21) Basharat submitted Oron Kahlon via guillotine choke at 4:12 of the third round
When and why did you start training for fighting? When I was eight. I used to fight a lot in school and with my brother Farid Basharat, who is now also an undefeated fighter at 7-0.
What titles have you held? Fightstar European title, Contenders European title
Do you have any heroes? Muhammad Ali
What would it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It’s the pinnacle of fighting. It’s where I belong amongst the best fighters in the world.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 4-0 as an amateur
Favorite grappling technique: Any form of choke
Favorite Striking technique: Jab