Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2016
- Two wins by KO, one by submission (guillotine)
- One first round finish
- UFC middleweight debut
- Origin of nickname: “It’s from a cartoon character”
UFC 267 (10/30/21) Hu was submitted by Andre Petroski via arm triangle choke at 4:46 of the third round
UFC Fight Night (11/24/18) Hu lost a three-round unanimous decision to Rashad Coulter
UFC Fight Night (11/25/17) Hu was submitted by Cyril Asker via rear naked choke at 2:33 of the second round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started Greco when I was young and transitioned to MMA when I was 19. I fight because I love it.
Do you have any heroes? Wanderlei Silva
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It represents the highest honor for me to fight in the UFC, and it means I get a chance to perform on the highest-level stage of MMA in the world. I’m so honored.
What was your job before you started fighting? I was a Greco-Roman wrestler.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition: 2011 and 2012, Gansu Provincial Greco-Roman silver medalist
Favorite grappling technique? Standing guillotine choke
Favorite Striking technique? High kick