Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2015
- Five wins by KO, eight by submission (3 triangle choke, triangle armbar, 4 armbar)
- 10 first-round finishes
- Has won five of his last seven
- Holds 2017 submission win over UFC vet Darrick Minner
- Also faced UFC vets Dan Ige and Spike Carlyle
- Origin of nickname: “I got a tattoo on my arm that says ‘El Valiente’ and people started calling me that.”
Noche UFC (9/16/23) Padilla lost a three round unanimous decision to Kyle Nelson
UFC Fight Night (4/29/23) Padilla stopped Julian Erosa via strikes at 1:41 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? When I was 16, because I really liked to fight since I was a kid, but when I stepped on the mats, I just fell in love with this sport.
What ranks and titles have you held? Fury FC 145 champion, brown belt in 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu
Do you have any heroes? My dad is my biggest hero.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means everything. I went through a life of relentless hard work and passion, ups and downs, to be here and I can't wait to perform for the UFC.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Just first semester of law school
What was your job before you started fighting? Worked with my dad and studied.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 6-0
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Fights all over America and for big companies and, for sure, the biggest accomplishment for a Mexican kid like me is fighting for the UFC.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Brown belt 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu
Favorite grappling technique: RNC
Favorite Striking technique: Knees