Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2011
- Two wins by KO, eight by submission (5 armbar, flying triangle armbar, reverse triangle armbar, triangle)
- Eight first-round finishes
- Has won three of his last five
- Origin of nickname: “It's an endearing way to say Felipe, like ‘little Felipe.’”
UFC Fight Night (1/13/24) Bunes was stopped by Joshua Van via strikes at 4:31 of the second round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training for MMA in 2010. I was training BJJ and kickboxing but it wasn't challenging me anymore; I wanted something that would demand more from me.
What ranks and titles have you held? I’ve got regional and state titles in BJJ, a Pan-Am title but not from CBJJ. The lack of financial conditions prevented me from participating in the big IBJJF/CBJJ tournaments. I'm a BJJ black belt. And before signing with the UFC, I held the LFA Flyweight title.
Do you have any heroes? My late father was my biggest hero.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? I believe everyone who competes in MMA has a dream to fight in the UFC. I'm happy to finally be here. It was a long time coming but I never doubted it would happen. I have a lot to show and achieve in this weight class and I'll keep working towards it.
What was your job before you started fighting? I worked at a gas station, taught martial arts classes, drove Uber cars, delivered pizza. Many things.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Several BJJ regional and state titles.
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? LFA Flyweight title.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: BJJ 2nd degree black belt.
Favorite grappling technique: Triangle choke and armbar.
Favorite Striking technique: Jab, hook and cross.