Stats & Records
Fight Win Streak
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2011
- Five wins by KO, three by submission (3 RNC)
- Five first round finishes
- All three losses to Leon Mynhardt
- Has gone five rounds twice
- On six-fight winning streak (five finishes)
- Origin of nickname: “It was given to me by mistake by a ring announcer during a professional K1 fight here in SA.”
UFC 242 (9/7/19) Madge won a three round unanimous decision over Fares Ziam
UFC Fight Night (10/27/18) Madge knocked out Te Edwards at :14 of the second round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started fighting Muay Thai at the age of 14 and lived in Thailand, competing until the age of 20. I always enjoyed fighting growing up, as well as being super competitive. It seemed to be a natural progression. I began MMA in the beginning of 2011 and debuted professionally in November 2011.
What ranks and titles have you held? Two-time EFC lightweight world champion. Multiple national and international Muay Thai champion.
Do you have any heroes? Marcelo Garcia and GSP.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It’s everything I’ve ever worked for. Being South African, many people don’t hear about us around the world in terms of MMA. I am honored to be called a UFC athlete; it’s a true dream come true. I’m proud to represent my country at the highest level of the game. This is only the beginning.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? No
What was your job before you started fighting? I’ve only ever been a fighter. As soon as I finished school I was on a flight to Thailand and never looked back.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Brown belt Brazilian jiu-jitsu
Favorite grappling technique: Any type of choke.
Favorite Striking technique: Elbow strikes.