Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2019
- Seven wins by KO, four by submission (2 guillotine, RNC, arm triangle)
- Six first round finishes
- Has won three of his last four
- Reported 10-0 amateur record
UFC on ABC (6/24/23) Onama knocked out Gabriel Santos at 4:13 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (8/13/22) Onama lost a three-round majority decision to Nate Landwehr
UFC on ESPN (7/9/22) Onama submitted Garrett Armfield via arm triangle choke at 3:13 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (2/19/22) Onama knocked out Gabriel Benitez at 4:24 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (10/23/21) Onama lost a three round unanimous decision to Mason Jones
When and why did you start training for fighting? Growing up I loved combat sports and competition. I always wanted to be in the UFC. Once I was old enough, I started training in 2013.
What ranks and titles have you held? FAC featherweight title.
Do you have any heroes? My parents
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means everything. It’s a dream come true.
What was your job before you started fighting? Fighting is my only job.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? KCFA featherweight champion
Ranks in any martial arts styles: BJJ blue belt
Favorite Striking technique: Jab