Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
Fili vs PinedaRound2Time0:46MethodCould Not Continue
Swanson vs PinedaRound2Time01:53MethodKO/TKO
Burns vs PinedaRound2Time04:38MethodKO/TKO
- Pro since 2007
- Has finished all victories – 18 by submission (Guillotine, 2 triangle, 6 RNC, 2 heel hook, 3 kimura, armbar, kneebar, triangle armbar, undisclosed choke), nine by KO
- 5-1 with 2 NC in last eight bouts.
- 8-2 with 2 NC between UFC appearances. Finished all wins
- 17 first round finishes
- Defeated WEC vet Frank Gomez via submission in 2011
- Has 1-1 record in two bouts with UFC vet Johnny Bedford
UFC Fight Night (6/26/21) Pineda fought to a no contest (accidental eye poke) with Andre Fili at 0:46 of round two
UFC 256 (12/12/20) Pineda was knocked out by Cub Swanson at 1:52 of the second round
UFC 252 (8/15/20) Pineda stopped Herbert Burns via strikes at 4:37 of the second round
UFC 171 (3/15/14) Pineda lost a three round unanimous decision to Rob Whiteford
UFC Fight Night (8/17/13) Pineda lost a three round unanimous decision to Diego Brandao
TUF 17 Finale (4/13/13) Pineda submitted Justin Lawrence via kimura at 1:35 of the first round
UFC 149 (7/21/12) Pineda was knocked out by Antonio Carvalho at 1:11 of the first round
UFC 146 (5/26/12) Pineda lost a three round unanimous decision to Mike Brown
UFC on FX (3/3/12) Pineda submitted Mackens Semerzier via triangle armbar at 2:05 of the first round
UFC on FX (1/20/12) Pineda submitted Pat Schilling via rear naked choke at 1:37 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? My brother pushed me into training to keep me out of trouble on the streets.
What ranks and titles have you held? Legacy 145 & 155 belt. Fury FC 155 & interim 145 belt. Black belt in BJJ.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? The world!
What was your job before you started fighting? Construction
Favorite grappling technique: ground and pound.
Favorite Striking technique: overhand right.