Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2012
- Four wins by KO, two by submission (Guillotine, armbar)
- Three first round finishes
- Has won two of his last five
- Faced UFC vet Geoff Neal in 2014
- Origin of nickname: “From the LFA days. I wore red, white and blue because I was born on the 4th of July.”
UFC on ESPN (8/13/22) Ontiveros was stopped by Gabriel Benitez via strikes at 3:35 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (10/9/21) Ontiveros was stopped by Steve Garcia via strikes at 1:51 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (10/31/20) Ontiveros was stopped by Kevin Holland via slam at 2:39 of the first round
When and why did you start training for fighting? At six years old I started Tae Kwon Do and competed in tournaments frequently.
What ranks and titles have you held? Legacy amateur champ, 4th degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, 4th degree black belt in Kenpo, purple belt in BJJ
Do you have any heroes? My father
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? EVERYTHING!
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I only went one semester. Fighting was more for me.
What was your job before you started fighting? Worked on pipelines
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? Legacy 170 champ
Favorite grappling technique: Guillotine
Favorite Striking technique: Kicks to the head