Stats & Records
Fight Win Streak
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2016
- Five wins by KO, three by submission (Anaconda, Brabo, Kimura)
- Three first-round finishes
- Has won five of his last seven
- Lost September 2018 bout to UFC vet Brandon Royval
- Had 1-5-4 pro boxing record, but fought eight unbeaten fighters.
UFC Fight Night (7/23/22): Johnson lost a three round unanimous decision to Muhammad Mokaev
When and why did you start training for fighting? Happenstance. In 2012, my brother needed someone to wrestle with for his amateur title fight in Kansas. I was home for the fall, deciding on going back to school in the spring and was an All-State wrestler in high school. A fight fell out and he asked if I wanted to fight. I took a fight after only training a week and a half and got hooked in the sport.
What ranks and titles have you held? Blue belt under Mike Rogers SCMMA and Vaghi Jiu-Jitsu, LFA Flyweight Champion, 2x AAU National champion track and field, three amateur titles in MMA.
Do you have any heroes? Myself. I’m proud of the person my parents have molded me to be and I want to be the person people can look to for an example in life.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Until I win in the UFC, it means I accomplished the goal of making it. But I won’t feel it until I get my hand raised. It gives me an opportunity for financial stability and to travel the world and see amazing people and cultures.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Yes, I was in school for Graphic Communication/Design
What was your job before you started fighting? Many jobs with whoever allowed me to train enough, and to eat, get to the gym and have a place to live - carpentry, car tech, HS wrestling coach for five years, retail.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 2x AAU National champion track and field, multiple time All-American, 3 amateur MMA titles, HS State champion in track and football, HS All-State wrestler, track and field, cross country
Favorite grappling technique: The one that ends the fight
Favorite Striking technique: Teep and the one that ends the fight