Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2015
- Two wins by KO, three by submission (2 RNC, guillotine)
- Four first round finishes
- 1-0 between DWCS appearances
- Origin of nickname: “I got the name by being really explosive and hitting hard.”
UFC Fight Night (11/5/22) Candelario was submitted by Jake Hadley via triangle choke at 2:39 of the second round
UFC on ESPN (5/14/22) Candelario lost a three round unanimous decision to Tatsuro Taira
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 5
Episode one (8/31/21) Candelario lost a three round split decision to Victor Altamirano
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 1
Episode four (8/1/17) Candelario won a three round unanimous decision over Ronaldo Candido
When and why did you start training for fighting? I was always into fitness and wanted to challenge myself in combat sports. I started when I was 16.
What ranks and titles have you held? Purple Belt in BJJ, Golden Gloves champion, multiple-division amateur MMA champion for Premier FC, grappling tournament titles.
Do you have any heroes? My parents. They moved to the States without knowing any English. And now they are pretty successful and living the American dream. I appreciate them more than I can describe in words.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means everything to me. I always wanted to travel the world and now that I can do that while doing what I love ,it’s even better.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I went to a community college and am still attending now to get my associates degree. I hope to become a physical therapist some day.
What was your job before you started fighting? Server
Favorite grappling technique: Armbar
Favorite Striking technique: Jab