Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2019
- Five wins by KO, one by submission (RNC)
- Two first-round finishes
- Reported 5-0 amateur record
- Origin of nickname – “Most Savage Player – it was given to me by one of my coaches.”
UFC 282 (12/10/22) Saaiman stopped Steven Koslow via strikes at 4:13 of the third round
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 6
Episode five (8/23/22) Saaiman knocked out Joshua Wang-Kim at 2:52 of the third round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started at the age of 12 after watching a live MMA event. I looked up to how strong, confident, and tough those guys were and wanted to be like them.
What ranks and titles have you held? South African K-1 kickboxing champion. Fightstar Junior bantamweight champion, Fightstar Senior bantamweight champion, EFC bantamweight champion
Do you have any heroes? Both my coach, Morne Visser, and teammate, Dricus Du Plessis, are massive inspirations to me.
What would it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It has been a dream of mine to since I was 12 years old. This has been almost a decade of hard work and I’m ready to roll with the best guys in the world.
What was your job before you started fighting? I was the head coach and owner of the Little Legends program that taught MMA to kids in various locations in our state (Gauteng)
Favorite grappling technique: Guillotine
Favorite Striking technique: Round kick