Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2014
- Five first round finishes
- Has finished five of last eight wins in the first round, three in less than a minute
- Three wins by KO, two by submission (Guillotine, arm triangle)
- Origin of nickname: “Oroville is the City of Gold, and I won a lot of gold medals competing in jits as a kid, so I was given the name.”
UFC Fight Night (11/5/22) Lopez was submitted by Mario Bautista via armbar at 4:54 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (7/13/19) Lopez won a three round unanimous decision over Vince Morales
UFC on ESPN (2/17/19) Lopez was submitted by Manny Bermudez via guillotine choke at 3:09 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (12/9/17) Lopez won a three round unanimous decision over Albert Morales
Dana White's Contender Series
Week 7 (8/22/17) Lopez won a three round split decision over Steven Peterson
When and why did you start training for fighting? At 12. I got into a lot of fights growing up; it was in my blood. I love the sport.
What ranks and titles have you held? A few amateur belts
Do you have any heroes? Urijah Faber, my grandma Maria Lopez, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? Everything - it's fulfilling a life dream. I was born for this. It's my purpose right now.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? No
What was your job before you started fighting? Security guard
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 8-0 amateur champ for four different organizations
Favorite grappling technique: Everything
Favorite Striking technique: Everything