Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2014
- Lost pro debut to UFC vet Amanda Ribas. Has won 14 of 15 fights since
- Nine wins by KO, two by submission (Keylock, rear-naked choke)
- Four first round finishes
- Origin of nickname: “It means smile. Back when I first started to train I was very shy and didn’t talk much, but I would laugh at anything coach would say. So I ended up being ‘SMILE’ since then.”
UFC 274 (5/7/22) Carnelossi lost a three round unanimous decision to Loopy Godinez
UFC Fight Night (10/16/21) Carnelossi submitted Istela Nunes via rear-naked choke at 2:57 of the third round
UFC 261 (4/24/21) Carnelossi defeated Liang Na via TKO (strikes) at 1:28 of the second round
UFC Fight Night (9/21/19) Carnelossi lost to Angela Hill via TKO (doctor stoppage) at 1:56 of the third round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started with Muay Thai at 17 years old. I always played soccer, and when I stopped that I got invited to try Muay Thai. A few months later I debuted in amateur Muay Thai and I really fell in love with it. After a while, my coach opened his own gym and I have been working with him there ever since.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It´s a dream come true for me and my team.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? I studied physical education for two years but ended up dropping out to focus on my career.
What was your job before you started fighting? I worked as a waitress, and after that I started working at my coach´s gym.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? National BJJ Champion by CBJJE, State Muay Thai Champion (Paraná)
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Thunder Fight and Batalha MMA strawweight champion
Ranks in any martial arts styles? Black Prajied in Muay Thai, Black belt in kickboxing, Black belt in BJJ
Favorite grappling technique: Armbar
Favorite Striking technique: Knees