Stats & Records
Fight Win Streak
Wins by Knockout
First Round Finishes
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
Adesanya vs PereiraRound5Time2:01MethodKO/TKO
Strickland vs PereiraRound1Time2:36MethodKO/TKO
Pereira vs SilvaRound3Time5:00MethodDecision - Unanimous
- MMA pro since 2015
- Six wins by KO
- Three first-round finishes
- Lost pro debut; unbeaten since
- On seven-fight winning streak
- Reported 33-7, 21 KOs pro kickboxing record
- Holds kickboxing wins over Israel Adesanya (twice) and Dustin Jacoby
- Origin of nickname: “It's an indigenous name.”
UFC 281 (11/12/22) Pereira stopped Israel Adesanya via strikes at 2:01 of the fifth round to win the UFC middleweight title
UFC 276 (7/2/22) Pereira knocked out Sean Strickland at 2:36 of the first round
UFC Fight Night (3/12/22) Pereira won a three round unanimous decision over Bruno Silva
UFC 268 (11/6/21) Pereira stopped Andreas Michailidis via strikes at :18 of the second round
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training in 2009 to have a better quality of life and mostly to get away from alcohol.
What ranks and titles have you held? I was Glory Kickboxing's simultaneous Middleweight and Light Heavyweight Champion. I defended my MW belt five times.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It's very important for me because the financial possibilities in the UFC are very high. I have a great chance to give my family a better life and take care of them.
What was your job before you started fighting? I worked as a tire repairman.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 25-3 Kickboxing record.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Kickboxing black belt
Favorite grappling technique: Anaconda choke
Favorite Striking technique: Boxing combinations