Stats & Records
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
Wins by Decision
- Sig. Strikes Landed
- Sig. Strikes Attempted
- Takedowns Landed
- Takedowns Attempted
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
Sig. Str. By Position
Sig. Str. by target
Win by Method
- Pro since 2013
- Two wins by KO, two by submission (Triangle, RNC)
- Two first round finishes
- Has won four of his last five bouts
UFC Fight Night (2/29/20) Cruz was stopped by Spike Carlyle via strikes at 1:25 of the first round
Dana White's Contender Series, Season 3
Episode 6 (7/30/19) Cruz knocked out Steve Nguyen at 4:36 of the third round
When and why did you start training for fighting? Age 16, while simultaneously wrestling in high school. It was just for fun originally.
What ranks and titles have you held? Brown belt in jiu-jitsu
Do you have any heroes? My mother.
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? That all of the time, sacrifice and work I’ve put in was worth it.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? College dropout
What was your job before you started fighting? I currently work at Publix supermarkets and as a dog walker
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? I was the Florida State ISKA featherweight champion
Favorite grappling technique: Triangle choke
Favorite Striking technique: Knee to the liver