NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: UFC Fan Poster Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who are at least thirteen (13) years old and have at the time of entry a (licensed version of a) graphics editing program, such as Adobe Photoshop. Directors, officers, and employees, of Zuffa, LLC, dba the Ultimate Fighting Championship, ePrize, Inc., and any of their parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, advertising, promotion, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations and is void in Quebec and where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Zuffa, LLC, dba the Ultimate Fighting Championship, 2960 West Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89102, U.S.A. Administrator: ePrize, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069, U.S.A.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on July 26, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on August 6, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit www.ufc.com/postercontest and follow the links and instructions to create your UFC Fan poster ("Poster") using graphics editing software (e.g., Adobe Photoshop) for which you have a license and the stock images provided by Sponsor. Other than the images provided by Sponsor, you may not include any other images in your poster. Each Poster must include: (i) an image of Conor McGregor (or images of both Conor McGregor and Max Holloway) (ii) the text “Conor McGregor” (or “Conor McGregor” and “Max Holloway”, or “McGregor vs. Holloway”) (iii) the provided UFC logo image, (iv) the provided Fox Sports 1 logo image, and (v) text of the date of the event, “August 17”. You may use native tools of the graphics editing software you are using to create other designs or text. The Poster must be submitted 27" wide by 39" tall at 200 dpi as an RGB-format .jpg file and must not exceed 10 MB. To enter, email the Poster along with the following registration information to Sponsor's email address (email@example.com):
- DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER
- BIRTHDATE (OPTIONAL)
- COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE (OPTIONAL)
Upon receipt of your email including the Poster and registration information, you will receive one (1) Contest entry. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. By emailing your Poster, herein referred to as your “Submission”, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below and that Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission must be made during the Contest Period;
- The Submission must only includes images provided by the Sponsor;
- The Submission must include (i) an image of Conor McGregor (or images of both Conor McGregor and Max Holloway) (ii) the text “Conor McGregor” (or “Conor McGregor” and “Max Holloway”, or “McGregor vs. Holloway”) (iii) the provided UFC logo image, (iv) the provided Fox Sports 1 logo image, and (v) text of the date of the event, “August 17”;
- The Submission must be in a JPEG or RGB format (i.e., using a .jpg or .rgb file extension) in the dimensions of 27" x 39 " at 200 dpi and may not exceed 10 MB in size; and
- The email must include your name, and daytime phone number; and
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- The Submission must only include clip art or images, including logos provided by Sponsor, which entrant is hereby granted a limited license to use to incorporate into his/her Submission for this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain text or designs that are inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain text or designs that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
Limit: Each entrant may enter the Contest three (3) times during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute regarding any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select up to five (5) potential winners from among all eligible Submissions received, based on an application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Creativity/Originality (33%);
- Artistic Merit (33%); and
- Submission Best Captures Being a Fan of the UFC (34%)
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the higher score in the "Submission Best Captures Being a Fan of the UFC," as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. The actual winner will be the potential winner whose Submission has received the highest score and has confirmed his/her eligibility.
7. Winner Requirements: Potential winner will be contacted on or around August 9, 2013 to confirm eligibility by email or phone within the time frame requested. The potential winner (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) whose eligibility is confirmed will be notified after Sponsor's press release on August 15, 2013 and will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and where permitted a Publicity Release, which must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release, does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up determined by the qualified judges, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the prize will not be awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, province, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, the winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. The winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. The winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. The prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after conclusion of the Contest.
8. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A check for $2,500 USD. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. If winner is not a U.S. resident, 30% of the prize value will be withheld and remitted to the IRS to comply with U.S. tax laws.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all remaining eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/12LNFyx. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2013 ePrize, Inc. All rights reserved.