Toronto, Canada – In anticipation of its first-ever event in Halifax, Nova Scotia, The Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) organization announced an updated fight card and released ticket prices for the event at the Halifax Metro Centre on October 4. UFC FIGHT NIGHT™: MACDONALD vs. SAFFIEDINE will feature a five-round main event pitting two of the best welterweights against one another as second-ranked Rory “Ares” MacDonald (17-2, fighting out of Montreal) takes on ninth-ranked Tarec “The Sponge” Saffiedine (15-3, fighting out of Temecula, CA) in a bout that could determine the division’s next title contender.
Additional bouts for UFC FIGHT NIGHT™: MACDONALD vs. SAFFIEDINE include:
• The Ultimate Fighter Nations middleweight winner Elias Theodorou (9-0, fighting out of Toronto) meets Bruno Santos (14-1, fighting out of Bahia, Brazil)
• The Ultimate Fighter Nations welterweight winner Chad Laprise (9-0, fighting out of Montreal) vs. Yosdenis Cedeno (10-3, fighting out of Miami, Florida) in a lightweight bout
• Two of the bantamweight division’s brightest prospects go head-to-head as Mitch Gagnon (11-2, fighting out of Sudbury, Ontario) meets Aljamain Sterling (10-0, fighting out of Uniondale, NY)
• Judo black belt Olivier Aubin-Mercier (5-1, fighting out of Montreal) vs. 9-1 lightweight Jake Lindsey (fighting out of Manhattan, Kansas)
• Coming off a big knockout in his UFC debut, Maritimer Jason Saggo (10-1, fighting out of Charlottetown, PEI) will meet 8-0 Paul “The Irish Dragon” Felder in his UFC debut
• Riding a five-fight win streak, newly signed Canadian Matt Dwyer (7-1, fighting out of Kelowna, British Columbia) will make his UFC debut in a welterweight clash against 13-2 Albert Tumenov (fighting out of Fairfield, New Jersey)
Other previously announced bouts on the card include:
• No.3 ranked Raphael Assuncao (21-4, fighting out of Alpharetta, Georgia) goes to battle against No. 8 Bryan Caraway (19-7, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nevada) in a pivotal bantamweight match-up
• Women’s strawweight bout between Paige VanZant (3-1, fighting out of Sparks, Nevada) and Kailin Curran (3-0, fighting out of Ewa Beach, Hawaii)
• Canada’s Nordine Taleb (9-2, fighting out of Montreal) vs. 9-2 Chinese welterweight Li Jingliang
Tickets for UFC FIGHT NIGHT™: MACDONALD vs. SAFFIEDINE go on sale Friday, August 22 at 10 a.m. ADT and may be purchased online at http://www.ticketatlantic.com. Tickets are priced at $183, $133, $93, $58 and $48 (prices include tax and applicable service charges) and are limited to eight per person.
UFC Fight Club® members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets to this event Wednesday, August 20 at 10 a.m. ADT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com and are limited to six per person. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, August 21 starting at 10 a.m. ADT with a limit of eight per person. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.
Since 2008, the UFC has hosted 16 events in Canada. Collectively, the 16 events have seen more than 300,000 fans in attendance and millions worldwide watching on Pay-Per-View and broadcast television. The six host cities to date – Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg and Quebec City – have had a cumulative gross gate of more than $60M and millions more in economic impact. Halifax will be the seventh Canadian city to host a UFC event. UFC events have set single-day event gate records in four Canadian venues: Calgary’s Scotiabank Saddledome (UFC 149), Montreal’s Bell Centre (UFC 124), Toronto’s Rogers Centre (UFC 129) and Winnipeg’s MTS Centre (UFC 161).
For more information or current fight news, visit ufc.com. All bouts live and subject to change.
About the Ultimate Fighting Championship®
Owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC®) is the premier mixed martial arts (MMA) organization and largest pay-per-view event provider in the world. Headquartered in Las Vegas with offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo, UFC produces more than 40 live events annually that consistently sell-out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. UFC programming is broadcast in 129 countries and territories to nearly 800+ million TV households worldwide in 28 different languages. In Canada, the UFC has broadcast agreements with Sportsnet 360 and TVA Sports, which includes live events broadcasts, The Ultimate Fighter® reality television show and thousands of hours of programming. In 2014, UFC launched UFC FIGHT PASS™, a digital subscription service with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand and original content. The UFC organization also licenses over 100 UFC GYM® locations, and owns UFC.TV® (offering live event broadcasts and video on-demand around the world), UFC FIT™ (an in-home fitness and nutrition program), UFC Magazine, and has a videogame franchise with EA SPORTS, UFC Fight Club®, UFC Fan Expo®, Octagon™ branded apparel, DVDs and Blu-rays and Topps Trading Cards. For more information, visit www.UFC.ca and follow UFC on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/UFC, on Twitter @UFC_CA and Instagram @UFC.
Fight Night Halifax Card and Ticket Update
UPDATED CARD AND TICKET PRICES RELEASED FOR UFC FIGHT NIGHT™: MACDONALD vs. SAFFIEDINE
TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, AUGUST 22