|From:||Brockton, Massachusetts USA|
|Fights Out Of:||Bridgewater, Massachusetts USA|
|Height:||5' 10" ( 177 cm )|
|Weight:||155 lb ( 70 kg )|
UFC commentator Joe Rogan takes you through the top 10 headkick knockouts of UFC history, including Gabriel Gonzaga's historic right head kick KO vs. Mirko Cro Cop.Apr 07, 2015 5:28
UFC® 183 Silva vs Diaz live event on Saturday, January 31, 2015 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.Jan 31, 2015
UFC 183 weigh-in at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on January 30, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photos by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)Jan 30, 2015
Jan 30, 2015
TRAINING: Hard work in all aspects of MMA daily.
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started submission grappling for fun, and it has all snowballed from there. I began helping training partners train for their fights and wanted to give it a try.
Do you have any heroes? My Dad
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It will make explaining the type of fighting I do a lot easier. I no longer have to go into a big explanation of "Have you seen the UFC? I do that, but haven't fought there yet." I can just say, "I fight in the UFC".
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? Wentworth in Boston, MA. Graduated with a Bachelor's in Computer Science
What was your job before you started fighting? I worked in Tech Support while a student.
Accomplishments in pro competition? A few titles in Combat Zone, World Fighting League and Mass Destruction.
Ranks in any martial arts styles: Purple belt in Jiu-Jitsu.
Favorite grappling technique: Heel Hook
Favorite striking technique: Left Hook
• Owns 2004 submission win over former WEC featherweight champ Mike Brown
• Win over Pulver in 2006 was one of the year’s biggest knockouts and biggest upsets
• 17 wins by submission (5 RNC, 3 triangle, guillotine, 4 armbar, heel hook, 2 Achilles lock, triangle kimura), six by KO
• Has trained with BJ Penn in Hawaii in the past
• Has won post-fight bonuses in nine of his last 12 fights
• Has most most post-fight bonuses in UFC history (13)
|Jens Pulver||UFC® 63 Hughes vs. Penn|