Getty Images reserves the right to pursue unauthorized users of this image or clip. If you violate our intellectual property you may be liable for: actual damages, loss of income, and profits you derive from the use of this image or clip, and, where appropriate, the costs of collection and/or statutory damages up to $150,000 (USD).
photo 1 of 87
LAS VEGAS, NV - FEBRUARY 03: (L-R) Opponents Dan Stittgen and Stephen Thompson face off after weighing in during the UFC 143 official weigh in at Mandalay Bay Events Center on February 3, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada.|2:55:8 (Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Dan Stittgen; Stephen Thompson; Dana White
TRAINING: My training camp consists of "3 a days". Strength & Conditioning in the morning. Thomas Lee Wrestling and RCJ Machado Jiu-jitsu at noon and Pitch Black Kickboxing in the evenings.
When and why did you start training for fighting? When I was three years old. My father was a professional fighter and owned a Karate school. All the kids in our family started training at age three.
What ranks and titles have you held? Five-time world champion kickboxer. I hold a 5th degree black belt in Tetsushin Ryu Kempo Karate, a 1st degree in Tetsushin Ryu Jujitsu and a Purple belt in RCJ Machado Jiu-jitsu.
Do you have any heroes? None
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? I want to fight the best in the world and I want to be a champion, so being the in the UFC is a dream come true.
Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn? No
What was your job before you started fighting? I've worked at my family's karate academy, doing everything from cleaning bathrooms to what I do now as the head kids’ instructor.
Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 37-0, 16 amateur kickboxing titles:
1. 1999 ISKA Georgia State Middleweight Amateur Champion
2. 2000 ISKA Southeast Middleweight Amateur Champion
3. 2000 IKF East Coast Middleweight Amateur Champion
4. 2000 PKC National Light Middleweight Amateur Champion
5. 2000 IKF National Middleweight Amateur Champion
6. 2000 USAKBF North American Middleweight Amateur Champion
7. 2001 IKF National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
8. 2001 PKC National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
9. 2001 USAKBF World Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
10. 2001 WPKA World Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
11. 2002 IKF National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
12. 2002 IKF North American Light Cruiserweight Amateur Champion
13. 2003 U.S. National Martial Arts Team World Cup Light Heavyweight Champion
14. 2003 KICK North American Cruiserweight Champion
15. 2003 I.A.K.S.A. World Champion
16. 2003 IKF FCR Amateur Light Cruiserweight World Champion
Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Undefeated - competed in the Chuck Norris World Combat League
Favorite grappling technique: RNC
Favorite striking technique: Spinning backfist